Visiting Grace Heritage Ranch is an informative look at a working family homestead where you will have the rare opportunity to step back and experience a simpler life. We are a unique family attraction for the Rio Grande Valley of South Texas.
Some experiences you’ll enjoy while visiting GHR:
- Have your picture taken with one of our willing animals
- See a real working Texas oil well
- Learn about wind power and see in the distance the local wind farm of 171 wind turbines
- Find out why we planted our pasture with 6 varieties of native grasses
- Understand the importance of cotton in Willacy County and how it, along with wool, angora, cashmere, and other fibers are spun into yarn
- Understand what heirloom vegetables are and their vital role in maintaining a homestead
- Plant in the demonstration garden
- Learn the significance of bees and the pollination process
- At the Welcome Center, see up close (or keep your distance) and gain an appreciation for snakes, scorpions, and tarantulas
- Appreciate the importance of heritage breed animals to homestead survivability
- Enjoy the sights, sounds, smells, and touch of the GHR experience!!
The content can vary depending on the age and interest level of those attending and also animal cooperation and seasonal changes.